Thursday, May 3, 2012

Been a busy Mama!

I know I haven't posted in a few days but it was sort of a busy week/weekend...


This was last summer while #4 was still in his womb!
My how they change.

I spent the weekend keeping the kiddos calm and relaxed (for the most part) so that they were not disturbing their Dad. He started his job Friday night and was asleep all day long to be able to go to work all night. The boys and I made the most of our "alone time" together. They had Root Beer Floats for dinner one night and to top that off they also got to have cookies with their floats. That was the highlight for them.

During the days we would spend the majority of the time just being quite and not waking up Dad. My oldest spent most of his time playing computer games or playing on some sort of an electronic toy. The 6 year old spent a good chunk of his time playing with Lego's! He enjoyed the time away from little brother (the 4 year old) since he always knocks over his big brothers creations. Now that little brother is home again, the Lego's have found their way back into hiding... in other words, his box on the end of his bed! LOL! I am surprised that my husband was able to work all nights, sleep all days for 3 full days/nights and then still manage to sleep an entire night to be awake in the morning. I would not have been able to sleep that first night. But I guess it just shows that I am getting used to being sleep deprived! LOL.

On another note: I am a BzzAgent! I mentioned this before in a different post. Well, after almost convincing myself I was NEVER going to get on a campaign, I checked my e-mail today and there was the invite! I get to take part in the Dr. Scholl's For Her BzzCampaign! Yippy! I am excited. Heels have always hurt my feet and now I have the chance to wear my heels and dress like a girl! Woohoo!!!  I will be letting all of you know how well I enjoy them once I have then in my hot little hands (or on my feet rather) and rockin' my high heels again! I am one of those women who is a "closet fashioner" (if that makes sense) . I completely enjoy getting all dressed up and girly looking. I have several pairs of high heels, yet I never wear them because they hurt my feet. And who wants to get all dressed up and then be in pain? I know, I know... No pain, no gain... Well, I say forget that! I want to be pain free and all pretty at the same time. However, I have no clue where I am going to go all pretty and girly looking. But I am going to dress up, feel good and look great! And my feet will thank me for it! Can not wait! Ah! *End side note!*

I know this is also off subject of my "normal" topics, but I feel it should be out here. Anyways, I am glad that I am not on unemployment at this time. They are making it crazy to just claim a week of benefits. You have to claim either online or by phone and then you have to record (by text or voice recording) where it is you have applied for work at and what the out come was. At least that is my understanding. When I was on unemployment they just had you call in, do your thing and hope and pray you were honest! Of course, I was in a program, so I was being honest. It took me well over 2 years to find a job. I worked that job for roughly 4 months and then I found out I was pregnant and with the flick of a pen, I no longer had a job! And once my hubby tried putting me on his insurance during said pregnancy, they fired him as well! (I have not nice feelings toward that place now) I will not say what place of employment that was though. I am happy now to be a stay at home Mommy to my boys and I am so excited for next school year. I will get to have nice kids again. LOL. Anyways, I have noticed that 9 times out of 10 that unemployment pays better than actually working. some people will earn twice the amount they were. Where others will make half the earnings. But the other thing I have noticed and what brought this thought to my mind. Was celebrities help out the "down and out" type of people most of the time. At least that is what I notice. But these people all look as though they haven't really had it all that bad. The one family that came to my mind was recently on the Ellen DeGeneres show. They made $500-600 every 2 weeks. That is more than my own husband got on unemployment. He only made around $450 or less for every 2 weeks. This family got a car, $10k and because the Dad did a "dance dare" he also got a $100 gift card. Now to me, the gift card was an alright prize for the dance dare, go Ellen for giving those braver than me people a little something. But Whoa! $10,000 and a new Ford Escape (coolest new car around with that wave your foot to open the back hatch thingy) just for being "down and out"? Oh... My... Word! **love you Ellen, come visit me please!** LOL. I would have a heart attack if Ellen actually showed up here. Not only do I love her, but I think the shock of a celebrity giving 2 plops about me and my family would do me in. Then again, never going to happen... So no need to dwell on my chance to meet one of the funniest, bravest women I have ever laid eyes on.
Just finished nursing, waiting for brothers at the park!
He is not amused. LOL
Now, I have come to a point this evening where I feel that if I continue to write, nothing will make sense anymore. So I leave you all with my "broke lady" rant on celebrities and how they help the "down and not as out as they seem", while the rest of us "simple folk" pull up the rear! .....sigh.... 'Til next time....
~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment