Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Day Out... And in some pain!

Started off my day by poaching eggs for the first time! Yippee.... Not! Turns out, I do not care for them! But, they were on my meal plan for the week and I felt I just had to attempt them once. And I will not be attempting that mistake again! I was not thrilled with the process or the outcome! Here are some of the photos from my breakfast today...

Poached eggs on Tomato, Avocado and Muenster:

Eggs poaching for my Mom!
She likes her yoke more runny than I do,
but I didn't get them cooked enough either... Oops!

My eggs waiting to be poached!
These are "farm fresh" or Spokane fresh at least! LOL

2 slices of tomato, 1/2 an avocado and 1 slice of muenster cheese!

Top with poached eggs, salt, pepper and Paprika and enjoy!


We had to go do our banking thing to do and at the same time my face was still hurting! I managed to keep myself "medicated" but that only helped so much! After the bank we were able to stop by Wal-Mart for cat food, we found they had none as we were getting ourselves ready to be out and about for the day and then I made a quick stop over at our favorite Fruit and Veggie stand! (The name escapes me at the moment but it is in the Wal-mart/Skippers parking lot) The guy there was great and had all my veggie shopping list filled within minutes! I had to modify my Cherry Tomato purchase slightly because he doesn't carry them, but I was able to pick up some Golden's that are super yummy! And I think I got way more of them for $5 than I do of the Cherry Tomatoes at the store! 

Happy as a clam, playing with cantaloupe container!
After the store stops we headed to a park to eat lunch and then the kiddos got to play. Me, I just wanted to sleep or cry... It was a toss up at times! The boys have the park routine down really good now! They help carry the cooler and whatever else we need to the decided eating spot, they sit down and eat all the food they are given and then they get to go play! The baby eats his baby food or nurses, depending on how long it has been since he got to nurse. 

After lunch and play time, none of them wanted to leave!
Thus the glares!
We ended up leaving before I had planned because I looked over to see my oh so sweet 4 year old pushing another child off a toy because he wanted to play on it! I was needless to say not happy about that. When they asked why we were leaving I told them what I saw and that I saw the 2 older boys just stand back and not do anything to stop their brother. They of course denied the entire thing. I guess because I am a Mom I am now suddenly blind! Ha ha... yeah, okay! Finally I got them to stop complaining and just get into the car. This is always the hardest part for them. They tend to throw fits and continue to complain until they think they will get their own way, which is never! 

When I am out with my kids I tend to go a little bit too picture crazy I think! But, Hey! Pictures are memories! And I want to make sure my kids have a lot of really good long lasting memories as kids! I fiddled with my "not-so-smart" phone the other day and created some neat photos with borders and text on them. I posted one of the baby on my last post that is actually the background on my phone right now. I had a photo of all 4 boys and myself, I think I looked HUGE! But that had to change when I found a better picture to put on there. LOL! Yesterday I put my phone into the camera mode and then I turned the Sepia effect on! I love this kind of photo. They always look really good in my opinion. Some of them are blurry because old age started to set in and my hand was starting to shake pretty bad. I took several of some of the same poses, but here are the ones I felt turned out the best out of all of the Sepia Photos I took..... One of each of my Handsome little boys of course.... 

My soon-to-be 8 year old!
Getting to be a pretty handsome little fella!
The 6 year old...
He looks a lot like his Daddy!
Oddly enough, somewhat like My Dad as well! LOL

The 4 year old,
I do not know how to get him to stop making that scared look.
He does it every time you go to take his picture.

8 months old!
I can not believe he is already 8 months old!
He is getting way too big, way too fast!
Love him! 
All of my kids teach me something new each day. How to love, care and just be grateful for everything I have in life. I may not have a large expensive home (a couple more bedrooms would be nice) or a lot of money, but I love my family and I would not trade any of them for all the money in the world! My kids, my Husband, my Mother, my Sister, my Brother-in-law and my new little nephew who will be here in a few short months... I love you all so much and I can not imagine a world without any of you!

As far as my low carb diet goes, I have put myself back on the 2 week induction but I think I will stick to the induction meal plans for a little longer. My mother and I are restarting the current week due to stopping on Thursday because I could not eat. I do all the cooking, so unless I cook the meal for my mom she ends up eating different and in the long run that isn't such a great idea for this diet. I lost around 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks and I would love to lose a whole lot more. In fact, I need to lose a whole lot more. So, I ordered some Zumba DVDs! Yippee! They should be here in the next few days (7-10 days for the payment program)!!! I paid $14.95 for 7 DVDs and a set of 1 lb weights. I get them for 30 days and then if I keep them I make 3 payments of roughly $25! Pretty nifty deal as long as they help me get to exercising and loosing even more weight! The weight I lost the last 2 weeks was with no actual exercise. Walking around a store for an hour is not real exercise in my opinion. LOL However, it is fun to do! I think with that added exercise and the good eating lifestyle I should start slimming down rather well! I know I need to get a full body photo up here, but... I hate my gut and I am not sure I want to show it to the world! LOL. I may be brave enough some day soon. Only time will tell. I think that before it cools off outside I will get a photo taken so that it can be a photo of me in my suit. Those are what you always see people in in the dieting ads isn't it? Oh well, I will think about it and everyone can be surprised or disgusted when I post it!

Chillin' in his stroller chewing on his strap!
As always when he can reach them!


~TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm... Eggs Benedict ***drool*** I doubt Hollandaise Sauce is low carb :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has always sounded good but I have never had them before! LOL And I believe I have a low carb recipe for that somewhere

      Delete