Thursday, April 12, 2012

Post number 2... of 2! A busy day in the life of me!

Found today to be rather interesting. Here is why...

First, I got up with my boys to take them to the bus and send them on their way to school. At the bus stop the kids (2 of their school-mates go to the same stop) decided to play tag. Tag is not what I remember it to be. First, these kids (my 2 included) have their own set of rules! They declare one of the two oldest to be "it". If it turns out that the one chosen does not want to be "it" the other volunteers. Then the running begins! Oh how I don't have the energy for that. now, just when the one who is "it" is about to touch another one of the kids and "tag" them as "it", the kids yell out "T!!!" (for time out, I assume) and this means the one who is "it" must change course and run after someone else. Once an adult tells the kids that yelling "T" is somewhat like cheating they say "Ok, no T." After that is over with they begin to say "Frozen!" and this also means they can not be tagged. It is interesting to watch these 4 kids play tag with their own "rules".  When you consider the things kids do these days that they never used to do, it can be amazing and sometimes scary all at once.

That leads me to the part of the day after the kids got onto he bus and went on their way. I decided to catch up on reading some of the things posted on CafeMom or The Stir. There was one article I found interesting that actually sparked a Dinner Conversation (we'll get to that later on). It was about how our childrens childhoods will be different from ours. (here is the link) There really are some things on there that not only I can relate to, but my Mother and Husband as well. The reading of this article happened while waiting for my mother at the dentist's office. After my husband joined us (my 4 year old, 4.5 month old and myself) in the parking lot of the dentist's office and took my mother to go do some cleaning for her business I was headed home with the little ones and ready to take care of some things.

Turns out, my version of "taking care of things" and my 4 year olds version of that, are very different. He wasn't feeling too great all morning and once we got home he headed straight to the couch, kicked off his shoes and covered up with a blanket. That is when this mama caved into "child pressure". I told him he could lay in my bed, watch tv and have lunch in there too. He was thrilled! Of course, I made sure that he had plenty to drink (to keep him hydrated) along with a "puke bucket" just in case. (Side note and some background: Back in February he was hospitalized for 2 full days because he had gotten a chest cold that was causing him to have trouble breathing along with vomitting. He has been on meds since and they had been working. Until yesterday!) This made things calmer for the time being because the baby was still asleep in his carseat from the ride home. I had time to relax and start some web games with family and catch up on some e-mails. (Difficult passtime when you haven't had internet at home in over 2 years like I have)

In the afternoon I had an appointment with a therapist to discuss a few things. (I only have 2 sessions left with her and one of those she would like my husband to join in on) My mother went with me so that she could help me remember a few things I wanted and needed to ask the therapist about. Also, the baby tagged along. (Never leave home without him!) The baby was a hit! She also taught him a few tricks that were amazing to us all that he is able to do at such a young age. She mentioned that she had never gotten any child younger than 6 months to do the tricks she taught him before. (My son is brilliant, I know! LOL)

After that appointment I still had hopes of getting home with enough time to spare to make a slip cover for my Mombo pillow that I bought "Nude" (as shown in the link) and would like to get something to cover it with (besides the "over-priced", in my opinion, slip covers you can also purchase from Babies 'R' Us) so that it doesn't get stained and gross. Also, would like to give it to my sister for her baby once my baby "out grows" it. That is, if she doesn't get herself one before then since our kids will be 10 months apart. In any case, that obviously didn't happen. We had to stop by Wal-mart to pick up a few things and ran into a friend of my mothers. We have known them since 1980-something (since I was a young child) and they haven't talked much recently so, there was some catching up to do! Which was fine by me. This gave me some time to paroose the book section and find a few books I may someday want to read, and some I wont. We ended up finding only a few things we needed and of course, as usual for us, some we didn't. We found diapers that we had a $2 off coupon for and figured Why Not?! Along with a couple other things my lovely sister gave us coupons for my baby for. She is using cloth diapers for her baby, along with homemade wipes and other "earth-natural" stuff. (If you too are interested in that sort of thing along with Chicken raising and other "craft-like" projects and low-carbing then check out her blog too! Here! I am addicted to it myself!) I truely look forward to my sister finally having a baby of her own. I am her younger sister and have 4 and this is her first and hopefully not last.

So now, on home we go, at 6:30 at night! We got about half way home when the baby started screaming! Yes, he was DONE being in his carseat! (Mind you, this is how we spent 65% of our trip home from my sisters house 2 weeks ago in the car, not fun!) We get home and as I walk through the door with a screaming baby my 7 year old and 6 year old both yell out... "CAN I PLAY WITH THE KINDLE?" Now, these 2 boys haven't seen me since they got on the bus this morning. They haven't asked me how my day went. This irritated me. So, I said no. This causes the 7 year old to go into melt down! In the long run, I got them told that the Kindle had lost all battery power and needed to charge. Once that was over, showers began. Because the 4 year old was still sick, he got a bath. The 7 year old and 6 year old got to have their normal showers and then it was dessert and movie time and then bed once the 1 hour timer shut off. The 4 year old got a bath, followed quick with menthal chest rub on his chest and back and then a puff of the inhaler and his other normal meds and then off to bed for him. However, that kiddo had been sleeping most of his day away and wasn't all that tired. He ended up crawling into bed with Grandma not too long ago to "get warm".

In the end, today went pretty good. Tomorrow is the big "Snip Snip" day for my hubby! But other than that it should be a pretty mellow day. Next week, my sister will be in town and is planning on taking my 4 year old home with her at the end of the week. I am taking my Mother, 7 year old and the baby to Portland for the weekend to help out cleaning so that we can hold the baby shower for my sister at our cousins house. During that weekend my Hubby and 6 year old get to  have some "father-son" time. On Sunday I will come home with the 7 year old and the baby so that the 7 year old can head to school on Monday. The following Wednesday my cousin will bring my Mom home. My cousin will hang out for a couple days then off to Washington with my mom to pick up my 4 year old from his Aunts and then my cousin will bring my Mom and son home. See? Busy! During all of the above I will try to keep up to date on all of my blog. Also, I will post pictures of the Mombo Slip Cover once I am done making the "tester". I would also like to add that the slip covers I make will never be sold or distributed. They are for my own families use. :-)

If you are still with me, Thank you for reading! Take care! Hope to see you here again... Tomorrow maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment