Thursday, April 26, 2012

A 5 months old's adventures in Photographs!

Today was one of those days that went pleasantly well. LOL. Started out by getting out of bed and showering... no set back there. Decided I would curl my hair so that maybe I could get into a photo or two with the baby... burned my thumb on first curling attempt. Second curling attempt... burnt forehead! Said eff it, unplugged curling iron, ran brush through hair, walked out of bathroom with sore thumb and forehead in tow (uh, Duh! LOL). The burns alone made me have one of those "This Day Is Gonna Suck!" kind of feelings. Well, I know you are wondering... How did this day go? Here it is!


Mr. Serious... He tries not to be photogenic! Ha ha!


After the curling iron flub up I got my boys to the bus stop, came back home, got the baby ready to go have professional pictures taken and then got going in time to make it to the appointment on time. We ended up with plenty of time to spare because we left early enough to get my Husband to his appointment and then drive back across town (the long route) and get my Starbucks, then we found an amazing parking spot! Woo hoo! I keep saying "we" because my cousin was with me for the picture taking process today. What a great thing to take family to do when you have them over for a visit right? (That part gets better, tomorrow she is taking me into the Social Security office so I can ask them some questions) We ended up having a bunch of fun with my little baby boy. Who, I can hardly believe is 5 months old already. Feels like yesterday when my sweet little man was born! We got some great poses in that I fell in love with. I am so thrilled that I only walked away from there with buying one of all but one pose. I also only spent $7.99! Go me go! I never spend that little on photos! Not professional ones at least! LOL. Because I am a member of their "club" I receive a free 8x10. Because Mother's day is coming up, I got to choose a free 16x20!!! And last but not least, for my 4 year old's birthday promotion and again for being part of their club, I am getting a collage that has 3 of the poses on it, for free! I am super excited about these photos! I can not wait to share some of them here with everyone! In the long run of the picture taking the baby started to get upset. Understandably so when you hear how many different pictures were snapped of him. How many times that bright light flashed in his face. And how many different times he had to be moved around! (suspense getting to you yet?) So, the amount of times my little guy had to deal with all that? 42. Yes, indeed. 42 times! 42 photos of little man! He was a trooper though. We got some great photos. Excellent memories. And not to mention, I held back and did not over spend! Again I say, Go Me Go! I went to that studio with $47 in my wallet and left with $39! Not bad! Not bad at all. It turned out to be a pretty great day after all!

Tomorrow after the Social Security office my Mom and cousin are heading to see my sister and spend the weekend and part of next week with her and then they are bringing my 4 year old home! Yippee! I have missed him terribly but I have also come to realize, he is "The Loud One". Every family has one, he is mine. However, I also notice it is easier to take care of one less child no matter which one of my wonderful boys goes to visit my sister for any length of time. My oldest is always the easiest to handle, electronic of any kind and he is all good. #2... Just let him run in circles and blow off steam and he is usually good to go. My third, Anything goes. You could give that child a cardboard box and a stick, he'd be happy as a clam! (Assuming all clams are happy!) And for the baby? Answer: a mom, a pillow and a shirt that reveals "lunch" rather quickly!

But as of late, he also needs something to chew on! He is getting ready to cut his top 2 teeth as well. He already has his 2 bottom teeth.Yes, He was trying to eat my phone. But it got us a great photo!
 He had those come in at 4 days before 4 months and then at 4 months and 2 or 3 days old. Now, at 5 months old he is working on 2 more! He is my last baby... He needs to pump his breaks and slow it down a bit on the growing up thing. Other than saying Mommy first, he he he... I really would like at least one of my babies to say Mommy before anything else. Just a thought. That is all.

During all the teeth "gaining" the baby is doing, the 7 year old lost another one! He was so excited about it the night it was "wiggly". Then it fell out and all that excitement stopped. Now it was wait for the money time. Which makes me want to ask a question of you lovely folks reading this. When you were growing up, when the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny and Santa were all still real to you (no, they do not exists, if you believe they do please Google the words "mental" and "help" together, thank you!), how much did the Tooth Fairy leave you? Maybe my Tooth Fairy was cheap, just means my boys' original Tooth Fairy is too! But I can only remember getting a nickle or dime... IF I was lucky enough. My husband informs me that he would get $0.50 to $1.00 per tooth! I am not complaining about my Tooth Fairy one bit. I love her! (Yes mom... That means you! LOL) I just want to get a little more insight into why someone would give a young child, kindergarten to 2nd grade ages, more than a nickle or dime for loosing a tooth. This type of thing seems to be a type of "right of passage" in my book. Why pay a kid a huge amount? I am sure that the older they get and as soon as they start to figure out that these "creatures" are not real they will also start to notice that they want to tell Dad (gives $0.25 per tooth) that they lost a tooth instead of Mom (gives $0.05 per tooth). And that all makes sense. Wouldn't you go for the bigger bucks as opposed to the "change"? I guess money has different importance to different people and that is what sets the tone for that type of "giving".

On another note! While I was out and about this last weekend my parsley plant decided it would be a good time to start growing! This got me excited! I started growing my parsley last spring from a starter kit where I had also attempted to grow tomato, bell pepper and a couple of other veggies. The other plants were moved outside and promptly died! The sprouts off of this plant kept coming up only 2 at a time and would grow, die and then grow new. It was sort of taxing on me by making me thing I had no resemblance of a "green thumb". My sister and several other family members can grow plants like they are weeds! But weeds stay clear of me for fear of death! I have only ever had one other type of plant thrive under my care and that is an aspen tree.I bought my Mother a set of Aspens for Mothers day one year, they were around 2 feet tall then. The trees now tower over my mothers single story home. I hope that the parsley will continue to grow and thrive and that I can maybe start another small garden and get some home grown veggies in our home.

That is it for tonight as my eyes are getting droopy and my back is screaming at me to go to bed! I hope everyone enjoyed my random rantings! Look forward to more from me on babies, crafts, plants, homeschooling, photos and much much more. Feel free to comment your little hearts out on any of the above (or below) topics and as usual...

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment