Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hot hot Summer days... Sort update from today...

It is getting hotter and hotter here. 

This is not something new, it is just Summer in Central Oregon. LOL! I tried to get the new hoses for our pool hooked up today, fail! They are the largest size I could find (both at the store and online) and they don't fit. The hose opening is the same size as the part I was hoping to connect it to! I am now going to have to resort to taking the "skimmer bucket" to the store with me and attempt to connect the hose at the store to the base of it. I think if I do this then I will be able to get the pool completely cleaned out and ready for swimming. The temp of the pool is already starting to look up! This time last year our pool was still in the 40-50 degree range, this year we have already hit and passed 60! Woo! I am looking forward to getting back into the water with my boys! They had so much fun last year swimming and diving, I hope they do the same this year! We will also need to buy a new vacuum hose, this is the one major pool part I can not find in our "stash" of pool supplies. And for some reason, no one knows why, I seemed to think for a short amount of time that I could use the small 3 and 6 foot long hoses that we bought (the too small ones from above) to vacuum the 18 foot wide pool! LOL. Yes, I know, I'm a dummy! 


My boys were showing today that they are going Summer Stir Crazy! They kept on being really good and calm and actually silent and then, like a light was flipped on, they would start being rowdy and hyper acting and extra loud! They did their best when I had them color their Dad's Father's Day card. It was really cute! They gave him a card that had a Grizzly Bear on the front and a BBQ and then on the inside there was a picture of a burger and a ketchup and mustard bottle sitting on a table. To the left side of the card it said something about Bear Hugs and Yummy burgers and then said "Kids color the picture for Dad" So, since there was 4 kids and only 1 card, I took a black crayon and drew a swizzled line down the middle and then one across it to make 4 sections. I then let the 6 year old decide who got to color which part and then I colored in the baby's part and then the 6 year old colored in his part (plus part of his older brothers, who didn't seem to mind), followed by the 7 year old and then the 4 year old. I saved the 4 year old for last since I knew that he would scribble all over the card if he wasn't completely supervised. I was being a super multi- tasker at this time and cooking a part of dinner and feeding the baby his lunch at the same time as supervising the 4 year old and his coloring. So, sadly, the 4 year old got some of his "art work" on the 6 year old's part and for a short time you would have thought it was the end of the world. I finally got him to calm down and not be so upset about it. 


My 7 year old has an obsession with Computer Gaming! I fear I have a tiny uber nerd! LOL. That is not such a bad thing though. He will always get along with his Aunt, Uncle and Dad, all nerds of different degrees themselves. He has been on computers since he was about 4 months old if not younger, thanks to my sister and her other half. (Not a bad thing, he is pretty advanced for his age actually) He is currently playing a game called Wizard 101 and he loves it! This comes from the kid who keeps begging me to get him a World of Warcraft account. "It is free up to level 20 Mom!" is what he says to me. I just can not make myself pay to play a game! Tonight he started asking me to let him buy $5.00 worth of "crowns" or something on Wizard 101, I told him no. Because if I was going to spend money on gaming online, I would have purchased for myself as well by now. LOL! He is excited to see his Aunt next week because he wants to talk to her about getting a World of Warcraft account from her, something they have discussed in the past. We shall see what she says about that one. 


Happy Father's Day To All The Dads! I hope you got to spend time with your kiddos and enjoy the fact that you are a Dad. Remember that your kids will always love you! Hopefully next year my Hubby wont be sleeping all day due to working the night shift. To my own Father: It has been just over 12 years since you passed away, there are days I miss you a lot and I think of you often. There is so much you are missing out on, your Grandchildren do not know you and never will and neither will my sister's children. Yesterday was your birthday, you would have been 62 years old. Wow, how my life has changed since you were here. Happy Father's Day Dad, wherever you are now.


~TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment