Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Looking forward to Summer slowing things down some!

I have been so busy this last week that I am just exhausted!

First off, I spent my last week visiting the Pediatricians Office THREE TIMES!

Visit One: Oldest Son sprained his ankle! - He spent that first week end on crutches and on Monday felt he still needed them, and the wheelchair at school (the school staff allowed him to use the wheelchair they had so that he didn't "slow down" his class) By Tuesday, NO crutches(not crotches as I stated in my previous blog, My Son did not need a new one of those for spraining his ankle LOL) and he had been actually walking on it by Monday afternoon. I really hope that he gave it the amount of time to heal that it needed and that he doesn't always have issues with his ankle as he grows up more. And now, over a week later, he is perfectly fine... even running!

Visit Two: 6 month check up and immunizations for the baby, pre-scheduled visit! - Here we found that the baby is a "bobble head"! LOL He is in the 35th(or so) percentile for height and the 5th percentile for weight(will get to that!) and for his head....... in the 60th percentile! My kiddos and their big ol' heads! LOL! As for the baby being in the 5th percentile(9th percentile according to WIC just 5 days before hand!), someone has to be at the bottom! And it's not that I don't feed my baby, I do! A lot! For those who have been around me, you know that I am almost always feeding that baby! And don't get me wrong, I love breastfeeding! It is an awesome experience that I am glad I finally get to share with one of my boys! In the long run, he is supposed to be eating 4-8oz of baby food 3 times a day. Along with breastfeed as normal AND add some rice cereal and apple juice in there to help "chunk" him up! I know that a fat baby is a happy baby... But this baby is as happy as a clam! He is just Long and Skinny! He is 26 1/4 inches long (2' 2 1/4"!!!!) and weighs 14.5lbs! To point something out here as well, I was 15.0lbs at 6 months old and I am FINE!!! In fact, I am way over being under weight! So over it I have to diet! LOL So, for only being a half pound lighter than I was at that age... He is doing pretty well! Forget their percentiles! My baby is happy! But I do intend on feeding him all the baby food they said, he love it!


Visit Three: 4 year old has developed allergies to... Something! They don't know! Could be pollen, or dander and just this time of year, she couldn't tell since he has never had this issue before! - We came home(My Mother and I) from running around in town and found that the 4 year old woke up from his nap with swollen eyes. Well, his left eye lid was swollen and he said it was itchy! I called the doctor and they said (Do you have that nursery rhyme in your head now? Yeah, me too!) to give him some allergy medicine and then have him lay with his head above his heart line (head elevated). He wanted no part in this laying down stuff! But, The itching stopped, so that was a plus! He went to bed and in the morning, nothing! So, My Mother and I went about our day and got a few things done. We got home in time for him to wake up from his nap and for me to notice the whites of his eyes were literally bulging out of his eye sockets! the iris's were fine, looked normal and not puffy at all! But the whites freaked me out and I remembered the nurse on the phone asking me about bulging or reddened whites and he hadn't had that the night before. So, I loaded him in the car, did not call the nurse advise line this time and told the Hubby to go get the older two boys off the bus and my Mother, the Baby and I rushed the 4 year old into town! I called the nurse advise line on my way into town (using my car phone/Bluetooth) and told them that I had 'spoken to them last night and that my son's eyes were 10x worse than the night before and unless they could get him in to see a doctor there, I was taking him to the ER!' I was not nice about this since I had asked the nurse the night before if she thought I should take him in and she said no, just give the allergy medicine and let it be. Well, my son's eyes looked as though they were going to POP any second! So, I made my move! LOL They surprisingly got him in there to have an appointment about the time we arrived in town! In the long run, he is on antibiotics and allergy medicine and she doubled his inhaler(Q-VAR 2 puffs 2x a day for his asthma) and he has to have eye drops in his eyes each time he gets all his medicines, which is twice a day. Unless I see his eyes getting red, then I have to give him his drops. Which he is the champ at eye drops! My other boys flinch and try to get away. Not him! He looks up and has his head back, lets you put the drops in and then blinks and moves his eyes to get the medicine in there... such a champ! I love it! This continues at least until his antibiotics are gone. She also thinks he has some sort of infection because his nose is always runny and he isn't healing as fast as she'd like him to.

Those are my recent pediatrician office visits! How fun right? I almost don't want to make the baby's next doctor appointment. It seems that each time he had a doctor appointment, 2 out of the other 3 kiddos also have to go into the office for something completely different! The last time it was again, the oldest and the 4 year old. I am not exactly sure what it was that the 4 year old had to go in for but I know that the oldest had gone in because he was always sick and it was causing an issue at school because he was constantly coughing and disrupting the class with it. So, I took him into the office and then kept him home the rest of that week to make sure he got better. Hasn't been sick since! And before that, he was almost nonstop sick, coughing, itchy throat... so on and so on! Nothing since though, except the ankle thing!

Thankfully the 6 year old isn't joining in the doctor visits though. He just gets into trouble at school. The last day of school is Wednesday though. Hopefully he wont be a little menace during the last 2 days of school. he is excited for tomorrow because they get to have a picnic in their class and he got to pick out cupcakes at the store. And him being my son picked out cupcakes with OWLS on them!(I have a new obsession with owl print materials!) LOL They really are adorable! I will take photos of them before they go to the school with him tomorrow! He also got a box of  mini cupcakes just in case the 24 owl cupcakes aren't enough to go around the class.

I am going to leave it at that for now since I seem to have developed another tooth ache! (This makes me sad since it only started hurting recently!) It has caused the right side of my face to swell up some and my right nostril is dripping like a faucet! I know, not what everyone wanted to hear... but it is what it is! LOL! I go in on Wednesday for a cleaning and hope that I don't have to stay for a root canal or an extraction! It is the last day of school and I have to be in the dentist's chair rather than at the school picking up the kiddos with the hubby! Since they wont be returning I sure hope we can get everything from them in one swoop! Such as, my oldest found his camouflage sweater today and he was so excited! He thought he had lost it forever! But alas, there it was!

Until another day...

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment