Sunday, October 7, 2012

Craft Materials.....

Blog number 40! Can you believe it? Yeah, me either... On to the good stuff! LOL

Well, I was finally able to upload a bunch of the pictures I have been holding back and found that I have a lot of photos of materials I plan to use on upcoming gifts! My Sister showed my Mother how to make what is called a 1600 Quilt and my Mother in turn showed me! So, with some other materials I have (no photos of those) I am making each child in the family a little quilt! I have the first half of my two middle boys' quilts done and now I need to finish the beginning of my oldest so I can get working on the two babies!

Here are the materials I am using for the front of my oldest!


I cut each fat quarter into 8 stripes that were 21" long each. After that step was complete I put two of each of those together (at the thin end) and then they all get connected to where they make this extremely long length of material that is about 2 inches wide. So far, I really like it and I think it is going to be extra enjoyable! My 6 year old and 4 year old are both getting matching blankets and then the 2 babies in the family will be getting 2 different "pattern combos". One is "Letters to Santa with Reindeer" and the other is "penguins in scarves"! I love all the materials so much!

And, this year seems to be the year of the blankets. Either that or I am showing off how well I can work a sewing machine! I seem to be obsessed with making blankets! What can I say though, I like to keep myself and the ones I love warm!

I also ran across all of my PUL material the other day and the patterns to make diaper covers! Since I have a bunch of cloth diapers (I try to put cloth on the baby at night to save on the cost of paper diapers, plus they are super neat! LOL) and they are not water proof at all! So, I would like to make covers so that, for one, I have more bedtime diaper options (I have a total of maybe 3 all in one or pocket diapers that fit my son) and, for two, I can use the materials I got on sale!

Here are my four PUL material patterns that will someday be on Little Mans booty.... LOL....

Owls! (I have been on a hooter kick recently!)

Monkeys (Every little boy should be slightly bananas for mama!)

Dinos! (RAWR!)

Monsters (for my little monster!)
I also have a solid orange and a solid teal (they did not picture well at all!) that I will also be making into diaper covers. These are probably things that will wait until after my trip to see my sister and meet my Nephew at the end of the month! (Side note: He did not show last week due to under developed lungs, so her surgery was canceled  We were all disappointed  But, New appointment on Friday! Yippee! Can not wait to meet this little guy!) Since I have so much on my plate before that anyhow! We shall see. Maybe my Sister has some more diaper sewing tips she'd like to pass on to her little sis! LOL

Now, I have this other material that I am not sure what on earth I want to make, something I know! LOL But what? I just thought it was neat and had to get it! Plus, it was on sale and I do love a sale!


Isn't it super cute?!
I love it!!!

Finally, a FINISHED piece! I know, it has been so long since I did this that no one thought it would ever happen! But here it is.... 

A Mombo Cover! Remember the Monkey head print and the super duper fuzzy material I showed photos of a while back? Here is what finally became of that! I got the energy and ability to focus on my Mother teaching me the whole zipper thing again and got it done! take a look....

Top with super duper fuzzy goodness!
(yes, I see the ripple too, but it is okay!)

Bottom, all monkey all the time!

Side view to show the two materials together better!

Little man with his pillow that he LOVES!
He cuddles more with that thing than me when he nurses now!

So, that is what I have for everyone at the moment! The only other news I currently have is that Little Man turned 10 months in September! Can we believe it, NOPE! Almost too hard to believe that he turns 1 next month! Yikes! And he already has 8 teeth which the dentist said look great and that he is still a few more months from getting molars in! But here he is to say TTFN from us to you.....

~TTFN!




No comments:

Post a Comment