Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October Ladies and Gents!

That's right! October already!

Big news in my family coming up in just a few short days! These are really things to get excited about! My new baby nephew will be joining our family by the end of the week! I am so excited for his arrival. Our entire family has waited so long for him it is almost hard to believe he will be here in just a few days. My mother headed up to my Sister's on Saturday. My oldest and youngest boys woke up at 2:30am to go with me to take Grandma to the Airport and hang out with her before she had to go through security. After that we headed to the Super Wal-Mart (I always end up saying that in my head like I am announcing a superhero! Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba it's Superman! LOL) where we purchased our veggies for the week! I had also needed to pick up some bananas for my Hubby since he is official in line for his cholesterol his potassium is of course off! I, being brainy tired me, actually forgot the bananas and had to go back inside and all the way through the store and then back down to register 20 (why they can't have register 1 or 2 open is beyond me!) to check out again after my first trip because, I forgot the bananas! LOL! Once I got home it was back to bed for all of us since it was still before 7 o'clock in the morning and no one else was awake yet! My oldest however opted to stay up and play on the iPod and watch movies in his Grandmother's room so that by the time 8 pm rolled around he was good and ready to pass out!

Now, here we are, Monday, October 1st, 2012. I got to do all of our now normal Monday stuff! Remind the kiddos it is in fact the first day of the week and that means school, yes, school! They got up and moving fairly well today. I am sure it didn't help one bit that I got up, dressed and got sausage patties and waffles cooking for breakfast! LOL! They all ate and then, once I also had eaten, we started pumping out the school work when part way through doing a Language Arts lesson with my 6 year old do I notice his nose has begun to run off his poor little sick boy face! So, box of Kleenex for this kiddo! He understood that he has to do everything he can to get better so that he can go meet his new cousin! I gave him some Multi-Symptom Cold Medicine and then we trucked on through our day! I found out today also that these boys are way ahead in most courses. I thought that at this point they were meant to be at 13% on each course by the end of this week but according to their teachers they are only required to be at 11%! Well, they are super ahead then since they have some courses they are at 19-29% done with. (Yay for my boys!)

These kids are super smart too! Which, this I already knew! I got the test scores back from their beginning of the yea tests and both boys tested above grade level average. My 3rd grader test at the spots he should be in after 3rd grade as he heads into 4th! Where my 1st grader scored some tests at the 8th grade level! Now mind you, they took 2 completely different tests. Not the whole the have the same answers in different spots kind of different but totally different. My 1st grader took what is call DORA and ADAM tests where my 3rd grader took his Scantron tests(the kind that you used to have to sit with a No.2 Pencil and bubble in the letters, they are done online now! LOL) In any case, this is why their scores are so very different! The 1st grader also had a lot of different"subject areas" broken down into sections. Such as Language skills, composition, grammar usage and so on. He ranged on all of them from grade level 0.5 to 7.9 and there where about 25-35 different broken down subjects in all. I just want to point out. These kids would not be succeeding the way they are if they had been left to the Brick and Mortar Schooling System. They have been able to strive and move forward faster than they would have had I left them in their old school. My oldest has done what the school they are in now says should take 25 hours to do in just 5 hours! And he has retained it! Mind you that was in spelling and, well, he got 100% on every spelling test last year and has only had issues with about 4 words in his 5 weeks worth of completed spelling work!

Now, I welcome you all to October and if you didn't notice I did get my Glade Expressions(R) Collection Review up and there were photos! I am not going to over load this post with a ton of photos but I am going to put a bunch up on my Facebook page for anyone who would like to see them. I should be getting that done by the end of tomorrow! I hope you all enjoyed this little tidbit of an update. I can tell by how I continue to ramble that I have missed writing as much as I am sure everyone has missed my oh so naturally witty sarcasm! LOL! Go hit the Like to see the photos!

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment