Saturday, January 12, 2013

Well, Hello 2013

Here we are... The first post of 2013...

One of my favorite photos of my baby boy!

I am a Slacker! LOL!

So far this year we have not accomplished too much! Other than deciding that we need to make Christmas 2013 be somewhere WARM! We have never taken a break from all the cold for Christmas so this year we are going to arrange with Santa to buy the whole family a vacation for the week of, after or before (undecided) Christmas 2013!!! Yippee!!! We have looked at both Disney theme parks and also Universal Studios Orlando. We have also looked at Disney Cruises and the possibility of Hawaii! There are so many options for a Christmas get away that we are really having issues picking one! One thing about Disney and Universal is that my Brother-in-law is too tall so he can not go and also my nephew (and youngest boy) will be too small! We shall see what happens! I am sure whatever we pick, there will be a Blog post about it!

Obviously we made it safely to and from my Sisters house over the Christmas break. I had a blast over there getting to visit and play games and just hang out!

When we got back I got to have fun "unChristmasing" my house! And boy-howdy did I end up packing things a little different this year! The following is My Santa Collection that I would love to someday NOT have to put away! (Probably when I am old and grey and have little grand babies...) And just for size reference, I only used the top 3rd of our fake tree this year. For the short time it was up I did not want to have to fight the baby to leave it alone. LOL! I also did not want to have to rearrange furniture!

One of my 2 new Santa's this year!
He is HUGE and I love him! LOL
He was supposed to have a star on
 the top of his tree but it fell off!
He is now my LARGEST Santa!

Santa top left is my second largest Santa and is standing
a tier down from the ones he is next to LOL!

See all his Santa minions? Ha ha!

Santa center bottom here is my other new this year Santa.
He is sitting in a bathtub and sings and kicks his feet!
He is the baby's favorite of all!

They range from tree topper to figurine to plush to statue to any other variety!
I love my Santa Collection!

Some of the figurines that sat under the tree this year.
Most pictured here are what my boys gave me last year for Christmas (2011)

Even MORE set back behind the tree!

I was also given this flat Santa Head this year!

More figurines....
And my oldest in his 1st ever photo with Santa!
Also, the front and center Santa here is actually my Husbands!

The entire Collection with the tree!

My tree and card holder!
The holder says "We love Santa Be <3 Claus"
My sister gave me the holder a few years ago.
It was filled with a lot of new cards from family and friends this year!
Thank you again November Mamas!

You can somewhat see the ornaments I made this year on my tree as well! This was one of the many projects we had going on this year! This set I made as a "test" set to make sure I was going to be able to make them for my Sister and Brother-in-law and for my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law! I found these neat clear ornaments that had removable tops at WalMart and they were meant to be stuffed with confetti and other stuff but what I did was slightly different!

I took the most recent photos of the boys and cut out their silhouette (all but the baby because I had tiny photos of him). I then placed the photo inside the clear ornament and then I stuffed it full of wired garland! Once I felt it had enough in there I cut the amount that was stuffed inside free of the rest of the strand and placed the top back on it. After that I tied an ornament hook to the top with ribbon! Here are the close up photos of the ones I kept. The sets for my family members I had help making from my 7 year old. He did the garland stuffing and handed me the ribbons and held them up when needed! It was fun!

The oldest!
In his photo it was zoomed in to "adjust" the photo!
This caused the only part of him to fit to be his head!
I LOVE it!

My 7 year old!
So adorable! When holding this ornament in your hand,
it almost looks like he is leaning out of the ornament.
His photo has a definite 3D effect!
Plus I love that he is pinching his chin skin! LOL

My little trooper! 4 year old!
We got more of him in this one than his 2 older brothers!
I Loved cutting out these photos! So neat looking in the end!
And look, my ONLY glass ornament next to him! LOL

The sweet baby!
It is hard to see his photo but the ornament turned out pretty cute!
In my opinion! LOL
Those ornaments were super easy to do and they only cost about $2 for just the garland and the ornament itself. garland was at the Dollar Tree and the ornaments at Walmart for $1 each!

I think that is all for now! I will do my best to get back here soon to post more about our holidays and other happenings! Yippee!!!! Take care!!!

~TTFN!





No comments:

Post a Comment