Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cuteness, Kids and Crafts!


Well, Here we are...

Another day in the life of me!

I know I said I would be back to tell everyone what I had for dinner the other night. And I fail miserably. But in all honesty, it wasn't that fabulous lol. We ended up having "Better with Cheddar" hotdogs and spicy burger patties on a bed of lettuce and shredded cheese for the adults and regular old hotdogs for the kiddos. However, with some "chipotle madness" BBQ sauce topping the spicy burger patty, it was super yummy! In my opinion, last nights dinner was even better! only because my 7 year old tried some of it... AND LOVED IT! This is big in our house. He has always been a very picky eater. But out of the blue, somethimes he suprises us all with food choices. I had fed the boys spehgetti for dinner and then started cooking the pork for the adults. Nine times out of ten my oldests picks what him and his brothers are going to eat and then the adults (my mother, husband and myself) will eat a little later. Well, I cooked the pork up and made some broccoli to go with it and called the adults to the table. My oldest came in and said, "Mom, that looks really good. Can I try some?" WHOA! Who are you and what did you do with my picky son??? Of course, he got to try it and kept saying that he really was enjoying the "chicken". Yes, I corrected him and told him it was pork. He said back "I know. But I just like to say chicken better." (Ok, I guess it is chicken then!) He then began to tell me that he was going to try to eat a little bit of what we have for dinner every night. That way he can try new things and figure out what else he likes.

I had him tell me 7 different meals he enjoyed for dinner after he gave me a really hard time one night for letting his younger brother pick out dinner. I then informed him that I would make him one of those items for dinner 6 nights of the week but that on any given night I got to pick something "new" and not on his list. He agreed. However, he is now deciding that he "does not like" the things on said list. The list seems to have worked for about a week or two. I am glad he has decided to change what he eats now though because I was extremely tired of the smell of spehgetti almost every night of the week. *yuck!*

Now we have Baby Wyatt and his first experience with Green Beans! Yum!

He has even started to open his mouth when he sees the spoon coming towards him. Which makes feeding time that much more fun! He started out eating just rice cereal and has been trying a new veggi every week. He started on carrots, then sweet potatos and now on to the green beans. We have peas and squash waiting their turn.


I am glad that he enjoys his veggies so well. I don't believe his brothers were this easy to feed veggies! Eventually, he will get to try fruits but not until he gets to try every veggi. I wont even buy fruits yet for him. Not until he has those veggies. LOL

For some reason it feels like I do not have time to complete any of my projects lately. This could be in part because I have so many going on. I am doing WAY more than (what feels like) humanly possible. I have a bunch of different projects going on. Some of them are for my sister and her baby (and since she is my only follower currently I can not say what they are) and some are for Christmas for the entire family. The Christmas gifts aren't exactly started yet. But they are being plotted in my head! A matching gift for everyone, hand made by me, is one thing I have planned.



Remember that monkey print I said something about? There it is. All pieces are cut out and ready to sew together to form another Mombo pillow slip cover. I did not have the energy to cut out other materials for the third slip cover so those are still waiting to be cut out. I completely LOVE this pillow! I hope to eventually get in the swing of things with it and remember to take it with me in the car to "feed on the go"! I hurt my back more while feeding in the car than I do at home while not using the Mombo. The pillow is also great for tummy time for the baby and also for helpng him to sit up better. I couldn't have asked for a better baby gift! (My husband's Aunt sent a gift card to Babies 'R' Us) I recommend that every mom have a Mombo or Boppy pillow and a Bumbo! The Bumbo is a great alternative to a highchair, as long as you have the "Play Tray" to go with it. See below!



Sorry for the blurry picture. Wyatt moves, a lot!

We have a busy week, weekend and next week to follow, starting tomorrow! My sister will be here (YAY! I am so excited! Litrally! No sarcasm!) in the afternoon. In the evening, the guy from Schwan's will be here, huge event at our house because all the boys love to talk to him! Thursday I get to spend a little time with my sister while the kids go to school and my mom and husband go work. Then, on Friday, the boys are going to school, my sister is taking the 4 year old home with her, I am picking the boys up at school around 10 or so, meeting my husband to give him the 6 year old and get my mom and then we are off to Portland to visit some family with the baby and 7 year old. I promised my cousin that I would help her clean her house so that I could host my sisters baby shower at her house in July. I also told my Grandmother that I would visit with her for a bit and let her meet her newest (from me anyways, my cousin had a baby 11 weeks after me) great grandson. On Sunday, I will be headed home with the kiddos and leaving my mother in Portland. The following Wednesday my mom and cousin will be back here to visit and so my mom can work. Next up is my mom and cousin going to my sisters house to pick up the 4 year old, drop off some things at my sisters and then bring home my 4 year old and mom. Told you I was going to be busy! LOL

Tonight for dinner: Broccoli & cheddar stuffed broccoli with fried zucchini on the side along with broccoli slaw! Yum, yum, yum! I foresee the children eating hotdogs or some variety of "left overs". (This mom still can not cook for only 3 little people instead of 3 little people and 3 to 4 adults)

Thank you for reading. I shall return. Will you?

~TTFN



1 comment:

  1. Correction to dinner: it was cheddar and broccoli stuffed CHICKEN! LOL

    ReplyDelete