Thursday, April 18, 2013

Oh What A Night!

Tonight turned out to be all but relaxing! Ugh!

Took Wyatt(the baby) to the doc tonight... emergency trip... he was running from brother into the kitchen, butter knife in hand (this is the reason his brother was after him, he was trying to take it away) trying to take it to the sink when he slipped and fell. He hit his head on a step stool! And busted his eyebrow open. (This could have been way worse considering the knife and all!) My 7 year old picked him up and with his aversion to blood he just about threw his little brother across the room! And of course we both thought the worst HAD happened! Since the blood was pooling in his eye and he was "crying" blood tears! Not the case, he was injured but not worse case scenario or anything!! He lost a good bit of blood from his eyebrow! So much that not only his entire face but his clothes and my hand and arm and a small bit on my shirt was covered as well!

I took him in and it had stopped bleeding by the time we go to the doctor and once in the room they tell us it is a good thing because they can not do anything until it stops bleeding anyways. Then the nurse proceeds to "scrub" at it and makes it bleed again! (stupid woman! LOL) The doctor that is there walks in and Wyatt is instantly in tears! Either he REALLY does not like this man, or he remembers that it was the same guy that did his circumcision! Either way, not a happy baby! Doc said he had to do stitches because glue wouldn't stay! (Go figure! Both my November babies are the 2 to get stitches! 7 year old got stitches at about the same age after he played with an razor knife! He was also born in November!)

Because of his age he was strapped down to get his stitches in a kind of neat contraption! It was a board with material on it that looked like a vest at the top and then like a swaddle wrap at the bottom! I had to hold his arms down and a nurse held his head in place! He was very mad the entire time. He hates being held down for any reason! And like his brother, when they started the stitches, all he could do was say "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..." over and over again and again! All he wanted was for me to pick him up!

The Doc was originally only going to give him 4 stitches but he much have hit a vein because it started just gushing blood and he had to add a stitch to tie it off at the end and have pressure applied to the bleeding area at the same time by the doctor he was training!  All in all, they did great and little man gets to go back to see the doctor again on Tuesday, the same day I have a "life changing" "surgery" on! LOL His appointment will be at one time and and hour later I will have mine! And we will both have sore faces for that day! (Or night rather since they are afternoon appointments! If insurance has decided to cover my procedure!) 

**To clarify, I have a rather large mole on the end of my nose that has been there the majority of my life but has gotten larger and darker with each pregnancy and also it is sore to the touch, so it needs to go! And my new doctor (brother of my OBGYN) has decided we can try to get rid of it! Yippee!!!**


****WARNING!!!****

Below are some photos of Wyatt's cut before and after he saw the doctor. If you have a weak stomach, I bid you farewell... For those interested, feel free to scroll down!


More.....


Not yet....


Weak tummy, hit the large X in the upper right hand corner of the screen.....Ok, It really wasn't that "bad".... But I am very happy I took him in. At least now he wont have a giant scar there! LOL

Here are the photos.....

 Taken in the car on the way into town. I sat with him to hold the rag when it started bleeding again. Which it did a little bit of about half way into town! (We live about 30-45 minutes away from the doctor)
He did NOT mind the attention of Mommy in the car. Or me fussing over his cut! LOL He just sat mostly and played with toys and looked at books!


 There they are! The stitches! (And a little left over Iodine! LOL) Boy was he in a good mood after we left the doctor's office though! Look, he is even slightly smiling! Silly little ham!
 Slightly happy to be getting so much attention and to be out and about I think! Since we bought Daddy a car, we do not go much of anywhere! LOL But Summer is coming and that means fun outings with brothers in the warm Summer sun! Mommy already has several "planned"! Including one to the beach! I hope!
At home and enjoying some sausages for dinner! He also got to eat the one and only Greek Yogurt Apple Smoothie pouch I bought him at the store! LOL (It was on sale for $0.50 and then half off all sale items! This means.... IT ONLY COST A QUARTER! LOL) I also got enough pool filters to last ALL Summer (at $1.50 EACH! Yippee!)

Once we decided it was bed time, I put the Neosporin on the stitches as directed by the doctor and we sat down in our normal way to nurse! When he decided it was time to switch sides I found myself yelling for someone, anyone, to come help me. There was about a half cup of blood on his nursing pillow and it was still gushing out! Once we got the bleeding stopped again I was able to call the doctor's office again! They had of course closed so I was waiting for the on call doc to call me back! When she did she said to hold off on the Neosporin until tomorrow and to put gauze and a bandage over the area! This way it would hopefully apply pressure and keep it from bleeding! No pulled stitched or anything, just oozing blood.... Ugh! LOL As the title said... Oh What A Night! 

That is all for tonight... I need bed now!

Zzzzzzz......


~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment