Friday, July 20, 2012

Poor Little Guy... (short one)

My baby boy is a sick Lil' Baby! I feel so bad for him. I have noticed since he was born that he has always sounded congested. We are talking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week congested. Little man can not catch a break when it comes to a stuffed up nose. Well, when we were in the Portland/Vancouver area we noticed (My mother mostly but I noticed too) that he sounded even more congested than before and that his snoring had gotten louder. You can tell he is asleep because you can hear it! So, I had to call and set up his 9 month appointment (the one where he gets immunizations) anyways so I figured, 2 birds - 1 stone! I was able to get him into see HIS doctor (there are around 10 pediatricians at his clinic and the one he has just so happens to have been my sister's pediatrician when she was diagnosed Diabetic, but that is another story!) rather quickly! She was on vacation at the time when I called but I was able to get him in there to see her this week! I took him to the clinic she works out of part time that is in another town, but it is worth it to have the one doctor I trust take care of my little boy! She listened to his lungs and asked if he always sounded "wheezy". I informed her that yes, most of the time he did but that I had always figured he had a "tooth cold" (the kind babies get while cutting teeth). He has some sort of an infection that is causing him to wheeze from every inch of his little baby lungs. This is scary because I do not want anything to ever happen to any of my kiddos. But, she put him on antibiotics with hopes that it will clear up his infection (it just so happens that I too am on the same medicine and had to double check I wasn't over dosing him by Breast Feeding while we were both on the medicines!) and if he still has the cough he has been having by Monday, I have to call her and let her know and she will want him in to get breathing treatments started. I really hope that the antibiotics will clear it up and that he doesn't have to go through all that extra stuff.


He found a Starbucks drink stopper while waiting for Grandma!
I mentioned I was on antibiotics.... Well, that would be because I just had my first ever FULL root canal done! I have had them started in the past and just "capped off" to finish later. My new dentist doesn't want to do anything else until all 4 root canals are done. (1 down, 3 to go!) He is making the exception and doing some front surface fillings between the root canals though. He know I am a happy person and that I like to smile. It killed me having to go 3+ months without smiling big because I didn't want people to see my black teeth. Now, once he finishes the surface work I can be all smiley again! LOL! Until then it is half smiles all the way! The reason behind the blackened teeth was due to a Silver Nitrate treatment I gave the okay to do. After the 1st dose I was so mad I let them do it. My teeth did not look as bad as they do now that I have completed all 5 treatments! The first treatment is a pretty heavy dose, then 2 weeks later you go in and have the second treatment. The 3rd treatment happens 4 weeks after the 2nd and then 4 more weeks until the 4th, followed by yet another 4 weeks! I hated it. The plus, I had ZERO tooth pain during my treatment. Just 3 days after my last treatment, my teeth started acting up again! Go figure, right? Anyways, They are being taken care of now! So it is alright!


I will update on the baby when I know more about his situation. I hate for him to be sick, he sounds so pitiful! He actually falls asleep on me easier when he is sick, and he falls harder! The big down fall, I hate he is having nursing issues! I am so not ready to stop nursing him. This is the longest any of my babies have nursed and I would like to go about 2 years or more with him. We have gotten passed the teething thing and he only bites on occasion and I am able to get him to stop that rather fast.


Posts to look forward to soon (I hope!):


Boys 1st Beach Trip - July 2012
The Dark Monk A Hangman's Daughter Tale, A Review
10-in-1 Vitamins - A Review On My Aunt's product!


*All Blog titles may vary... But stick around, I always have something to say about something! I just gotta find more time to say it!

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment