Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dark Monk.... My Review on the book....

If you haven't caught on from reading other posts, I am a BzzAgent. Basically, I am sent items to review and then give out my opinion. Using word of mouth advertising and my opinion, you buy the item and enjoy it for yourself. I am only on my second campaign so far, my first was Dr. Scholl's For Her High Heel Inserts (I still have 12 $4.00 off coupons for anyone who is interested) but those did not get their own dedicated post for their review! Anyways, The Dark Monk.... 




The books were sent directly to my Kindle Fire within a week of signing up for the campaign. Unlike others who also signed up and have Kindle Fire's, I have not had any issues with getting the book to load on the screen. I received both The Hangman's Daughter and The Dark Monk at the same time. In the start of The Hangman's Daughter I was thrown at first. The main character, Jakob Kuisl, is a 12 year old boy who wants to become the Hangman himself. A 12 year old? Yikes! He had seen hangings and such before, his first at age 6! I am not giving much away there, if you read just the first few pages, you get that much.However, the Author of this book, Oliver Pötzsch, tends to go a little too far into detail on some things for me. To me, a book with extra detail, makes it boring and snore, possibly drool, worthy! Which is what makes it difficult for me to get into the books. I have a great imagination, so reading extra detail is not something I enjoy! 

However, that was just the start of The Hangman's Daughter. I got into The Dark Monk a lot faster and easier. It seems Pötzsch may have fixed some of his long drawn out details, not too much though. I still had to step away from the book just a few pages in and could not get myself interested in it again!

If you like books with a darker side, they are both available on Amazon.com!

Click the following links to get them going for yourself!



 Feel free to leave me any of your own comments on the books. I don't feel I was able to give these books my all right now and I just can not make myself read them. I will keep them on my Kindle until I can read them. That time is just not now! Thank you for letting me share this with you! I hope that you enjoy the books if you read them!

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment