Saturday, July 28, 2012

Odd, Long week.... I envy perfect teeth!

I do not have, by any means, perfect teeth. If anything I have some of the worst teeth in the world! I would gladly trade anyone who has never had any dental pain for my teeth! I woke up Tuesday with a splitting headache! By Tuesday night my right cheek started to swell up. Come Wednesday it was even larger and by Wednesday night I was on my way to show my dentist my swollen cheek. He decided to send me home with some pain killers for the night and that he wanted me in the emergency clinic first thing the next morning (they open the ER clinic at 7:15am). So, I go get my Rx and then go home, swelling does not stop for anything! By the time I get into the dentist in the morning on Thursday, I look like I have one of those giant jaw breaker candies in my cheek and it felt like I was sucking on one of those but instead of the jaw breaker getting smaller, it just kept getting bigger and bigger! So, my wonderful dentist, did an extraction on one of the teeth he had previously done a filling on. The "tooth" was 90% filling. However, that was the fastest extraction I have every had at that clinic. Although, the Novocaine wore off rather fast which had me in pain shortly after leaving their office. (not a normal thing for me) I got to take a look at the tooth and even though it was nasty looking, I feel loads better for having it removed.  The tooth cracked and broke slightly while being extracted and I was able to see where the infection came from and how deep that filling had gone. My face is still partially swollen and still hurts like I was repeatedly punched in the face! I would love to curl up in a ball and cry until the pain goes away (pain killers are not having too much of an effect on me and I do not know why) I have been put on a stronger Antibiotic and narcotics along with a "Rx" for the dosage of over the counter medication. I alternate between the two pain killers. I have also been having a hot pack or ice pack on it non-stop to help bring down the swelling, not having the best results with that either! However, laying down with my face on a warm/hot wash cloth feels so good! I really hope this goes away fast.

Right cheek, sore and swollen! :-(
Left cheek, normal and no swelling

The first time this happened to me was 5 days before my wedding and I had to pray and pray and pray that the medication I had been put on would work. And sure enough, come the morning of my wedding, NO swelling! I was so happy. In this case, if the swelling and pain doesn't subside I am to go back in and have yet another tooth extracted. (blah)


In other news, the baby had to go back into the pediatricians office on Tuesday (after being there on Tuesday the week before) so that she could hear his breathing and check out his wheezing and cough. The 4 yr old was having the exact same issues so I ended up asking if they could squeeze him in at the same time. We ended up taking them both in (my mother and I, hubby took the 2 oldest and went home after our Tuesday movie) and they ended up needing nebulizer treatments in the office. They both got new medications and the 4 yr old got a steroid shot to get his medicine jump started. Needless to say, he was so not happy with us! But, he is getting better! And so is the baby thankfully! Poor little guy had a runny nose and was congested and has been since birth!

I edited this pic on my phone and added the frame and his name.
The white around him is the "protective paper" they have at the pediatricians.
This was the first visit.
He completely loves the paper on those "beds" at the doctors office. It ends up demolished each and every time. They have tons of that stuff though so I am positive it is fine he does that. My 4 year old almost had a fit the other day and did not want his little brother making such a mess! I finally got him to calm down about it by telling him that they do in fact have more of it somewhere.

This is the second trip to the pediatricians....

The 4 yr old having his nebulizer treatment.
His brother didn't get the neat ducky!

He was having a blast making the paper move!
I think it is mostly the sound he loves!

Enjoying brother bonding time at the doctor! LOL
If I hadn't said anything I bet others would not guess their location!

So far my 6 yr old is the only is the only one to not really develop anything "new" this year. I can almost bet that by the end of the year, he figures out something! LOL

~TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on the dental stuff! It sucks! My husband didn't see a dentist for 24 years!!!! And when I FINALLY dragged his butt in he had ONE count them ONE cavity. And his sister tells me of times when she use to call him Cheetos teeth... Mmmm lovely image of the man you kiss. On that note though I've seen a dentist since I got my first tooth, I've had 4 crowns and numerous fillings (and re-fillings)I've only had 4 extractions, my wisdom teeth. But I fear for the future. Hope you start feeling better soon and the swelling goes down without another extraction <3

    ReplyDelete