Monday, August 20, 2012

Me vs Chair!

I know a lot of Facebook friends have been waiting for this post for the last couple hours... LOL! So, here it is!

Kitchen Chair: 1
Me: 0

That is what my personal Facebook status was and it got a bit of a reaction and a lot of 'Likes' LOL!

While cooking Dinner for my guys tonight I was attempting to have a rather calm go of it since the Hubby was sleeping in preparation for working a graveyard shift because a co-worker called in sick tonight.

Well, my oh so hyper active 4 year old decided "I am gonna move that chair Mom keeps telling me NOT to move!" (I am sure that was not his actual thought, but it seemed to be at the time! LOL) As I turned around because I heard the chair moving I noticed it was him moving it, and that it was our "new" kitchen chair that seems slightly out of place for being so large, yet it is oh so comfy! It really only works in the kitchen if someone is sitting in it, pushed up to the table and not in the middle of the kitchen and in the way! Well, there it was, in the middle! With the 4 year old paused looking at me with his "Oh snap! I'm busted now!" face on!

So, I tell him again....

    "I told you to stop moving that chair! It has to stay in its home!" While saying this I place my right foot on the bar that connects the front and back legs together for a sturdy base and give the chair a shove.

This is where I lost and the chair won!


Kitchen Chair: 1

Me: 0
I know you can barely see the bruise!
I know it will get darker though!

My foot slipped off and in an effort to correct my failing balance I kick my leg up and SLAM! I hit my shin on that same part of the chair I had applied my foot to for the failed pushing of the chair! Needless to say, the chair was still in the same exact spot and my leg was instantly on fire! I checked for bleeding and found none although it felt, at the time, that I was oozing blood from my leg! But nope! All I had going on was a big old nasty bruise forming! I am sure it looks worse to me because it is on MY leg. But this was one war I did not win this day!

We shall meet again Kitchen Chair.... We shall meet again!

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment