Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bullying!

Honestly, I want to know how kids are still getting away with some of these things?



My boys have a friend who comes over to play often. He really is their ONLY friend who comes over to play and he is a great kid! Maybe I am that mean Mom who scares the other kids away, I do not know! All I know is that this little boy comes over and plays with my boys! They either kick a ball around outside, run in the yard, or they play inside on the computer or they have even played with Lego's! It just depends on what they are in the mood for.

However, there have been many times I have had to remind the little boy and my own boys that "We do not care what other people think about us!" He will sometimes mention how another little boy, who he is friends with but who does not like my oldest, will say things about how my oldest son is a cry baby or all you have to do is look at my son and he cries. Guess what, my son is sensitive! He has been through so much already in his life that he has every right to be! I know he has an issue with getting too upset way too fast. But when he started at his Brick and Mortar school for 1st grade the kid mentions above teamed up with another and did not make him feel welcome at all! It was like starting school all over again, but with kids that for some reason did not like him! When he started Kindergarten everything was great! He had tons of friends and kids in the neighborhood to play with! He was so happy going to that school and having those friends! He was doing awesome! He never broke down and never cried, except for when he decided to bite the pavement. But even that was understandable! I hated taking him away from his friends. But we had to move! We had to bring him here. He went to the same school I did when I was little and that made me feel good!

It was just somewhat discouraging when I would talk to the school about him getting "picked on" and they would tell me he was in the wrong. When I asked how the other kids were doing with accepting him into their lives I was told they did great together! Then, he would come home crying! Telling me that so and so did this. Or so and so did that! It got to the point that I was having WEEKLY conversations with someone at that school about how MY son was behaving! Granted, some things were his fault! But some weren't! And it was the things that weren't that I myself was not seeing a change in! So, at the end of 1st grade I demanded that he not be in the same class as at least one of the boys who was constantly picking on him! And the school at least did that for me.

Then, 2nd grade came along! Not much changed after that! He would still come home upset because "they laughed at him" or "they picked on him for his choice of food at lunch!" I had had enough! I looked into Home Schooling and now here we are! Only a few more short weeks and I will officially be a Learning Coach! Teaching my children to grow their minds! And, Bully's?! Not an issue!! If anyone bullies their BROTHER (and I do mean anyone!) they get to sit in timeout for recess(outside playtime)! I know that will just be terrible for my 6 year old! He hates missing recess!

But, My main question is.... How is it that a school can say that they do not tolerate bullying yet when I point blank ask them to stop my child's bullies, they wont do anything!?

Just food for thought and a small vent by me! (I think all children are great by the way! I just think they all need more guidance, including my own!) Enjoy your evening, day, whichever!

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment