Sunday, August 19, 2012

The 4 B's!

Bugs, Bumps, the Baby and a BBQ!

Let us start with the Bugs... LOL! My 4 year old was playing outside the other day while my Husband fed the baby lunch and I went through stuff that needs organizing on the porch. I went inside and when I came back out he was standing next to his little pool screaming at the top of his lungs "Get off me! Stop it! Oh, Get off me!" and then started to cry and scream like he was in pain! As soon as I got over to him (I began to run as he began to cry!) I noticed his legs were covered in black dots that were moving! He was covered in ants! So I quickly pulled him away from the area and batted at his legs, belly, arms, head and any other area that was currently covered in ants until we couldn't see anymore and he wasn't feeling them anymore. Then I look at the ground and it looked like it was moving! A closer look told me he had disturbed a recently formed ant hill! Needless to say, he has not been interested in that little pool at all since the ant incident! LOL!

Bumps...
That same day, the 4 year old bumped his head on I don't know what! But by the end of the night he had a pretty good goose egg. That was Sunday night. Well, by Friday evening he was still complaining that the bump on his head still hurt! So I called the pediatricians office who had to have a nurse from the Portland Children's Hospital call me back! I waited outside so I had reception on my phone for them to call back and in the meanwhile he fell asleep. They told me to call them back if he woke up in the night complaining of pain but that if he didn't wake up to call the pediatrician again in the morning and have them take a look at it since it was odd that it was almost a week later that he was still saying it was bothering him. The doctor thinks he may have gotten a slight concussion and she wanted us to watch him for about 3 weeks for an increase in headaches and/or complaining of the pain. And to make sure he didn't hit his head again. Well, the 3 weeks restarted slightly after we got home because Dad wasn't paying attention and accidentally "kicked" him in the head! I was not in the room but I assume that his foot came down off the bed and he accidentally hit our son with his foot but did not intend for it to happen, since he claimed he didn't do it. All I knew was I had a 4 year old screaming that Daddy kicked him in the head! LOL! I had him get an ice pack and sit on my lap for a bit until it stopped hurting. You may notice that the baby also has a couple bumps on his forehead, those are mosquito bites! When he gets bit they swell to a huge size and I have no idea why!

Waiting for big brother to be seen by the Doctor!
That paper is the BEST!!! LOL

As for the Baby!
Not only has he decided that Standing is the new cool thing to do he has also decided that when possible he must army crawl across the floor! It is rather cute, but I am not sure him being on the move is the best thing just yet. He could be the baby just a little longer! I would so be okay with that! LOL!

He has also developed a love for repeating things lately. If you blow a raspberry with your tongue he will do it back. If you laugh or squeal or making any other kind of sound, he will 10 to 1 repeat it within seconds! He is just growing up so fast it is amazing to me! I only wish he would slow down!

The BBQ...
We were finally able to get some friends over for swimming and dinner the other night! That was awesome! They brought their 3 children over and we swam and then I cooked and then we ate! I loved having the whole "crowd" here! LOL One of our boys is with my Mother up visiting my Sister and helping her to be ready for her little bundle so it was just Myself, the Husband, the 8 year old, 4 year old and the baby along with the 5 of them! Which, she is pregnant! Yippee! Congrats to her again! I am excited and I hope they get the boy they want! LOL! They have 1 boy and then were blessed with 2 girls! I would love to of had a girl! Yet, I had all boys and I love them all! Anyways, I ended up being the only adult in the pool with the kiddos! And that was alright. I actually needed to cool off before cooking and getting hot doing all that! LOL! I ended up burning the burgers for the first time this year! And I do mean BURNED! They were tasty little chunks of blackness! Notice, tasty! Ha! Yes, even though I burned them, they were still good! We were able to set the 2 little girls with my flirtatious 4 year old at the little picnic table and the 2 older boys at the "chat table" and then the 4 adults at the big table outside. Fun was had, food was good and it seemed to have gone well! I really do feel blessed to have this friend in my life! I mentioned her before, she was the one who came to the hospital when my baby was born and she came to visit me when I was in the hospital a second time with Postpartum Preeclampsia only 6 days after my baby was born. She really means the world to me as a friend! I have no clue what I would do with my sanity had I never met her!

My youngest and Oldest play in the water at the BBQ!
The baby got so relaxed in the floater that he was laying back! LOL
Big Brother was going to tickle his feet as this pic was snapped!

It has been a nice week but I am ready to see my 6 year old! I miss him! Ready to do some household rearranging as far as furniture and such goes in our home! And ready to start school! Now that we have all the supplies it is just about go time! Until then....

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment