Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Thursday!

Yesterday was another busy one!

I decided to check my email while taking the kids to the bus stop in the morning and found that both my oldest 2 boys have been accepted into the K12 home school program for next year! Yippy! How exciting is that?

Then my sister arrived in the afternoon and things got a little crazy after that. As is normal. My boys adore their Aunt to no end. Which I can understand because she is my older sister and I too have looked up to her since I was a young child and know exactly how they feel.

Today however, was slightly busier! LOL. We got up, my sister had been asked by the kids to walk them to the bus, then we had breakfast and my mom and husband were off to go work for a bit. This left my sister and I at home to spend a little time "relaxing" with the baby and 4 year old. (That consisted of each of us playing some sort of game on some sort of electronic device and myself feeding the baby at the same time. Either way, silence!) Then we were off! We met up with my mom and husband so that my husband could take the 4 year old back home and my mom, sister and I could go shopping with the baby in tow!

Since we have a couple new (to us) baby shops in our town, we decided to stop by a few. The first was Baby PHASES and although they have a lot of great things in their store I have to warn you, expensive is not a term I would use lightly! They had 2 packs of cloth diapers for just under $30! That is a bit much in my opinion. After that we headed over to a little shop called Kids Paradise (click here to view their Google Maps page) which is actually the same place I found my car seat for the baby! I had never seen a car seat in the print I got his in, until I got his. And as it always goes, you get one and that is what you see all over town! In any case, we found a few things there for my sisters soon to be baby and also a new little red speedo type swimsuit for my baby. I love the idea of him having something to wear into our pool during the summer that is not a diaper that will just become a nasty mess 5 seconds after hitting the water! We had time to hit another baby shop before it was time to stop for a few and feed my pregnant sister! And that last stop would be a store that I myself had never been in but have been hearing a lot about and its name would be The Stylish Stork(That is their facebook page... Like them! I did) Awesome name if you ask me by the way. It is a non-profit store and all of their earnings go to the community. That is a huge plus in my book. I have been to a few other "consignment" shops in our area before who claim to do the same thing and their selections are not as good as the selection I saw at The Stylish Stork today. I will be highly recommending this place to all my friends. We also found another swimsuit there that I love. It has a Beach print on the material and a little fish that dangles just below the belly button. Super Cute! I am sure that during the summer I will be posting pictures of little man in his little "speedo's"! We stopped in at a few other places that are more well known as well. Sadly, we did not find anything to speak of at those places.

Tomorrow is the big "trip day"! In the morning the 4 year old heads off to Washington with my sister while my mom, 7 year old, baby and I head to Portland to visit family there and to help start the cleaning at my cousins house for my sisters baby shower come July. The 6 year old is spending some time with Daddy while the rest of us our away. The 2 older boys are going to school for only a few short hours tomorrow morning so that the "loading" of the cars isn't as difficult as it would be with 2 extra (excited) bodies flying around the house. To start out their "Father, Son time", my husband is taking the 6 year old with him for a few "pre-employment tests" that he needs to get done. He had an interview awhile back at the Hospital and they called him today and offered him the job! Woohoo! I am proud of my husband for finding a job. Not an easy thing to do in the economy that we live in. This will also help in the financial issues as well as the stress levels. I love my husband dearly, I do! However, I think that in the last year we have spent a wee bit too much time together and that we both were craving the time apart that we had when one or both of us had a job. Granted, our last jobs were at the same place and we sat, at farthest distance, a mere 3 cubicles apart! But it was time for us to go to work and do our own thing. We had separate lunch and break schedules along with our own groups of "friends".

Now, I say friends in quotes because neither of us really ever got to spend time making friends with the people we worked with because at the end of the day we were both tired and just wanted to come home and see our kids. However! I do have one friend who is the only one to make me feel important enough to keep around! I made that friend while working there. She is my only friend who came to see me while I was at the hospital after having my baby. She was the first person to come visit me in the hospital when I was re-admitted with Postpartum Pre-Eclampsia (Yes, it happens. But only to freaks like me! LOL). And when my 4 year old (3 at the time) was admitted to the hospital and all I needed was someone who would even suggest they would be there for me... She was! And I know that if she is reading this, she knows exactly who she is! I feel she should know how important she is to me and how much she has effected my life. I know I didn't leave that job on the best of terms as far as the job goes. But I have a great friend thanks to having that job!

Now that I have babbled on and on about home schooling, baby shopping and friendship I fear it is time to sign off and get back to everyone after I return home. Which should be Sunday for those who are curious. I hope to post Sunday Night once the kiddos are in bed for the night and comfortable. Until then, as always....

~TTFN!

PS: Thank you for reading my cray lady rantings about this, that and the other. It helps me to know that people care about my life too and that they will come back for more. Even if it is just coming back for a laugh or two here and there!

No comments:

Post a Comment