Saturday, November 24, 2012

From 6 to 7... Years! (And some Black Friday Talk!)

I have been bad about getting posts up here on time. I know, and sorry! LOL

His"this gift is Awesome!" face!
 My second child turned 7 on the 17th! He had an Angry Birds "themed" party. Only a few decorations (the cake and paper plates and napkins) were about all he had that truly was Angry Birds. Also he had rings on his "cake"! I attempted to make and Angry Birds scene using square cupcakes and bar cakes. This did not turn out as I had planned. I ended up having glob-o-cake chunks! He had picked out his cake flavor (orange!) and his little brothers(red velvet, baby boy's birthday is this next Monday!) and he chose triple chocolate fudge chunk frosting to top it off with! I had planned to use the frosting as a sort of cement. And that did not work out as planned. I had even made one of the "window" blocks. I had it held up with toothpicks. It fell over before I could even attempt to finish! It looked cool while it lasted (no photo however, was not using my brains while doing this, obviously!) and I am sure he would have loved it! He enjoyed his cake anyways and ended up eating the entire thing as of last night. His older brother did not care for it so him and his younger brother (4 year old) finished it off! I told them they had to do this before tonight so that I can hopefully bake a new cake for the babies birthday either tonight or tomorrow. Next year, ONE cake, cut in half and used for BOTH birthdays! Only two people in this house truly love cake and they are going to get sick from eating 2 whole cakes between the two of them! (the 7 and 4 year olds) However, It was fun to make!

The "cake"!

Plus, He LOVED it! The trees in the back and the Happy Birthday burst are both things that we have used for almost all of the birthdays in the last year or so. And Blue candles because that is his "favorite" and designated color! LOL. We can always tell what belongs to who by its color! The oldest has Yellow. Next, Blue. Then the 4 year old has Red and the baby gets green, purple or pink by default! LOL! This actually works out in our favor. If something that we buy that is color coded gets broken, we know who it belonged to and we don't have any guessing games to play.


We started the Birthday "celebrations" by kicking off the morning of the now 7 year olds birthday with a trip to Shari's for breakfast. Little man was oh so seriously looking over his menu and picking what he wanted. He chose Saltine Crackers and a packet of creamer(giving to him by my mother, which is tradition. All of my boys have gotten a coffee creamer packet from my mother around this age)! He also had bites of my Mother's Spring Spinach omelet and we found he really likes blue cheese and spinach! We ended up taking part of that omelet home and blended it up and he got to eat it for lunch that day too!


The birthday boy ordered an Oreo Cookie Milkshake with his breakfast! The waitress was even nice enough to top it off with Whipped topping and Birthday Sprinkles! When we were on our way to town he had said he wanted McDonald's and that just didn't sound good to my mom and I so we talked him into Shari's and he asked if it was free pie day. I told him no, that was Wednesdays but since it was his birthday he could probably get one. Well, with all intentions of buying him a slice of pie, our waitress asked him if he wanted a slice of "birthday" pie, since he spent the entire time telling EVERYONE it was his birthday. He got the largest grin ever on his face and said yes please, s'mores pie! And shortly she was back with his slice in a to go box and we were on our way!

After breakfast we headed over to a kid's sale that only happens once every 6 months and my mom and I just so happened to hit both 2012 sales this year and we look forward to their next sale in March 2013! I spent $59 on the clothes in the photos below and then turned around and spent an extra $4 on a toy/gift for the 4 year old that should help him with school next year! (It is Little Einstein! I love them!)

Sorry some are sideways, I got distracted while flipping some of them the right way.... Enjoy....

All of the clothes together!
(Jackets pictured below)

The 2 thinner material pajamas I picked up for little man!
Top: Monkeys with Monkey feet with ears! By Carters
Bottom: Alphabet words (A for Apple, B for Bear...etc)

Cloth Diaper inserts (4 for $4)
Baby Speed-o! LOL
Rubber soled sock/shoes(I love these, they are sorta big but they work awesome!)
Right: Firetruck overalls!
Left: All Star body suit type outfit. (Has a hood!)

This outfit I found there the day before and didn't have money to get!
I LOVE it! It is going to be his Birthday outfit!
Shirt and pants set!
Again... It has a HOOD! LOL

3 fleece pajamas!
Top: Snowmen on green! Christmas is around the corner, he needed this!
Middle: Monkeys! With Monkey feet with ears! Identical to the other monkey feet.... Also Carter's!
Bottom: Zoo animals! I love the look and feel of this one. It was obviously not as worn as the other two!

His 2 new coats!
The ones he was in before this were getting way too small! I had to get him new ones!
The one on the left is his warmer (larger too) winter coat!
On the right is his over warm pj's to go get Daddy from work sweater/coat!
A closer look at his Winter Coat!
It zips as well as buttons!
Yippee!

His sweater/coat!
Look... It has EARS!!!!
I love ears on baby clothes...
Even on their feet of their pj's! LOL

 After all the town excitement we came home!

I had also gotten the baby one of his many Birthday gifts that day. I picked up a Musical Play Table that he just loves. It was $10... So what the heck, why not!? So while his brothers checked that out with him we got ready to open all of the 7 year old's gifts! Or at least watch him do it!

He sat down right in the middle of the living room and started to dig in! He got a lot of neat things! From a book from his Grandma to a Lego set from his Grandparents in Texas to (his favorite and the one he dug into first)..........................


A KIDS CONSTRUCTION SET!!!!!!!!!!

The "kid wood" was just pieces of foam and all of the tools are plastic but he LOVES this gift! (You can see the musical table in the background there) Mom and Dad RULED this birthday this year! LOL Kids always have a favorite toy, that is just how it is and this time it was Mom and Dad that came through! You can somewhat see what all came in the box in the photo.But, there are/were 150 individual pieces and then he got to cut down all the wood and build whatever he wanted! He has about 15 different things he build and he keeps on cutting and building new things each day! I am so glad he found this gift to be so awesome! This was my last year "I am not shopping on Black Friday" bargain find! LOL 

I do this every year! I say I am not going to go shopping ANYWHERE on Black Friday and then I find myself walking around some store because I needed ONE thing(or in this years case 2)! However, I always find something awesome for my kiddos so it ends up being worth it! This year I ended up needing to renew my oldest WOW account by going to Wal-Mart and buying him a new card and then we had also ran out of wipes for the baby so I needed to go buy new ones of those as well. As it turns out, we hit the END of their sale at Wal-mart! All the crazy people were mostly gone and we, once again, got epic deals! Such as, the 4 year old's birthday gift and a game to go with it! He had put a "kids kindle" on his Christmas Wish list to his Grandparents in Texas this year and I found a V-Reader for $20! And the games for $12 each! These puppies are not cheap normally! So we snagged those. We also found a game for the 7 year old's Christmas gift and then found my littlest guy and my nephew their Christmas/Birthday gifts as well! I now have something to give my nephew that I think my sister will love (not gonna say what because I know she reads this! LOL) and a neat little toy for my guy for in the car! He loves car sounds and has a toy in the car now that when he honks the horn it says "let's go!" and he will sit and hit that button over and over and just smiles the entire time. Well, this new one I already know he loves because he had a blast playing with it in the cart on the way to the check out! I was also able to find little man a Christmas themed "fuzzy" blanket! That is what my kiddos call the little fleece/plush throws that are sold at Wal-Mart. There were a few other things that we got amazing prices on! But the best part is, I picked up everything for UNDER $100! Most of the stuff I bought would have normally cost me 3 to 5 times as much as they did! Such as the V-Reader I picked up. Those are around $60 when not on sale! And I got it for $20!?! Awesome! The 2 things I originally went into the store in the first place for would have only cost me around $52! And I spent $90 plus change!It just amazes me. 

In any case, when I say I am not going shopping next year, remind me I say that every year and I still go shopping! I do however have more sense than others.  do not go out there and do the hair pulling, face punching drama that a lot of other people do. The news reports for Black Friday is always disturbing! Great deals CAN be found without hurting others! Just my opinion! 

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! Enjoy the rest of it! I am cutting long school break weekend short a day and we are hitting the Science books tomorrow morning.... 

Baby found the inside of a Paper Bag more exciting than Brother opening gifts! LOL
~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment