Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sleepy Baby

What is a mom to do?

The baby has been so extra sleepy lately. He has also had some bowel issues lately. We are talking about nearing 8-10 poopalicious diapers per day! And most of them blowing out so much that I have to change and soak his clothes to get the stains out of them so that he has clothes left when he is over this stage!

Anyways... Back to the sleepy and away from the poopiness  He has been getting up with me at 5 AM to go get his Dad from work and it has gotten to the point where he will sleep through the diaper change and getting on his fleece suit to keep him warm when we go out to the car. That alone was odd since he was in the habit of waking me up early on his Daddy's days off and now he just sleeps and sleeps!

He had a rather funny moment in the grocery store the other day though. My Mother and I were shopping and getting our food trip in while we had the time. We were just about done when we were in the cereal aisle and my Mother says "He is asleep." I look over at him and notice his eyes look pretty heavy. He had leaned forward and was starting to doze.

He stayed this way for the remained of our shopping trip. Several people asked if he was okay. One guy stopped with his little baby girl and asked her if she saw the sleeping baby boy and she acted shy! As they walked away he told me to enjoy the silence now because it wouldn't last very long. LOL I love when people tell me stuff like this, they don't know about my other kiddos. And that is fine by me. I am sure I have probably done this to others in my time as a Mommy.

He ended up moving his hands as we were in the check out line and my Mother put her hands under his head so that it wouldn't bounce off the metal parts of the cart. Even with having to slightly move him he STILL did not wake up. I sent the picture to my Sister who says she remembers me doing this as a child. (I of course don't remember it, but I bet I could still do it! Given the chance and a big enough cart! Ha ha!) My sister is 5.5 years older than me so she remembers more of my childhood than I do anyhow. This is however, a first for any of my kiddos. Once they got out of their carrier car seat they were always awake and watching what was going on.

All the way to the car he slept,
then was supper fussy when getting into the car!
I have a feeling that part of this behavior (both the pooped in diapers and the sleeping) is due to teething! He is always chewing on things, mostly his fingers, and is drooling all over constantly! He hasn't been the best of baby's recently either. He has been getting fussy at the drop of a hat and then he also has had some fevers. I hope that he gets over this pretty soon. I feel bad for him when he looks to feel so crumby!

I will try to keep everyone up to date!

~TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment