Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween for 4 boys

Well, this year we celebrated Halloween on Saturday, October 27th. The local "resort/mall" had a Festival that they hold every year for the kiddos in the area. This sometimes includes vacationing families in the area. However, it was slightly odd to have the Trick-or-Treating over with that early. I only take my kiddos once because they do not need a truck load of candy! I could have taken them out on the 31st but mid week is not a good time to have the kids on a sugar high late at night.

Anyways, We had some rather neat costumes this year for all 4 boys. Here they are...

I had my oldest as a Wizard! Pretty basic, but he REALLY wanted to wear my hat! LOL


I, of course, could not get him to take his eyes off his computer long enough to get a smile for his picture in the hat. He did not wear his "Geek" shirt when we went out though. He borrowed a long sleeved black shirt with a spider and spider web on it from me. He also wore a cape! He looked pretty awesome in my opinion. He wanted to originally be Darth Vader again, but his costume no longer fits! And he had somehow broken
the foam part on the inside of the mask that keeps the hard plastic off your face.

My 6 year old ended up being a "buff" Kung Fu Ninja! He doesn't like the buff part but since he insisted on wearing his Power Ranger costume under his Japanese outfit I insisted on adding the buff part! LOL!


The look on his face here is priceless... he is trying not to laugh while attempting to look tough at the same time. See the buffness? He has his Power Ranger costume on since that is what he originally wanted to be, but it grabbed a little too much in an area I did not want advertised! So, I had him put on his "slightly too big" Japanese outfit and he loved it! So there it is!

Next up is the pretty basic, Red Power Ranger ....


I had gotten these Power Ranger costumes for my 2 oldest when they were both about the same size. The one under the other kiddos costume is blue but exactly the same in design. The blue one is also missing it's mask though. Unless my little 4 year old has a growth spurt I am pretty sure he will be in this costume next year as well. And that is OK by him. He loves this costume! He wore it last year as well and I thought I was going to have to cut it off of him. LOL!

Last, but never least, the baby was my little Knight in Shining Armor!


See the pink spoon in his hand, his "sword"? I had to give him something to distract him since he hated the "armor" part of the costume and kept trying to pull it off! LOL. Sadly, I could not get in to sit still long enough to get a picture of his entire costume. Next year, if this costume does not fit (and if I don't get it sewn, it ripped when I was trying to get the armor off at the end of the night.) we have a Duck and a Monkey costume somewhere that I am sure he will fit. 

I had a good time taking them to the Festival and I hope to have an even better time next year (it of course was raining the entire time). 


Hope everyone had a Happy and Safe Halloween!!!

~TTFN!



1 comment:

  1. what great costumes!! looks like so much fun at your place!!
    happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete